Monday, November 14, 2016

Why Hillary Clinton should not give up!

"I did my best...I told the truth I didn't come to fool you."

Kate McKinnon - Hillary Clinton's double on SNL - ended her stirring rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah  by saying "I'm not giving up and neither should you."  Hillary Clinton should embrace McKinnon's message.  Trump's other victims fell like candlepins [except for John Kasich].  They came crawling back - even Little Marco and Lying Ted.  Only Hillary Clinton stood toe to toe with  the abuser, never lost her poise, or her dignity.  Bernie Sanders never got the chance to go mano a mano.  I doubt he could have pulled it off without yelling - which Hillary never did.

We have seen unsuccessful candidates for high office retreat to their studies.  Michael Dukakis did that; Walter Mondale became Ambassador to Japan; Al Gore went into the TV  business.

Hillary Clinton was defeated politically - thanks to the Electoral College system.  But she won the majority of the popular vote.  Despite being savaged.
She should take Kate McKinnon's words to heart and not give up.






No comments:

Post a Comment