Friday, November 21, 2014

Obama's Masterful Immigration Speech - Mirror of Justice

Obama's Speech - masterful  -Mirror of Justice:
By Greg Sisk (University of St. Thomas School of Law)
You shall not oppress or afflict a resident alien, for you were once aliens residing in the land of Egypt. (New American Bible, Exodus 22:20)
As anyone who has visited the Mirror of Justice knows, my political affiliation is Republican, which I believe is consistent with my Catholic values.  But when the two conflict, the principles underlying Catholic teaching must take priority.
So let me give credit where credit is due:  President Obama's speech last night was masterful.
I am not saying that I agree with the wisdom of his exercise of executive authority on this matter.  Nor do I mean here to come down on one or the other side of the debate on the legality of his executive order. But...especially to my fellow Republicans who are understandably dubious about President Obama's policies and motivations, don't take my word for it.  Invest the very few minutes necessary to listen to the speech in its entirety and do so with an open heart before making a judgment.
click on the headline for Sisk's full post
'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment