Wednesday, April 22, 2020

China - NPC Observer : COVID-19 Responses, Copyright, Armed Police Reform & Silence on 2020 NPC – NPC Observer


The Council of Chairpersons decided on Friday, April 17 to convene the 17th session of the 13th National People's Congress NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) from April 26 to 29. This is a regular bi-monthly meeting, not the entire NPC.
h/t Susan Finder
NPCSC Session Watch: COVID-19 Responses, Copyright, Armed Police Reform & Silence on 2020 NPC – NPC Observer

COVID-19 Responses

After the COVID-19 epidemic broke out, Xi Jinping chaired a meeting where he emphasized the need to “improve the relevant legislation on epidemic prevention and control.” In accordance with his directive, the legislature has recently established task forces to draft new bills and expedited the relevant bills already in progress. The agenda of this upcoming session thus features several such items.
First, the Biosecurity Law [生物安全法] returns for its second review. While its first draft (reviewed last October) has not been released for public comment, state media reported that the Law would “prevent and control major emerging infectious diseases” as well as “safeguard laboratory biosecurity.” The bill is likely to pass at this month’s session, although we would not rule out the possibility of a third and final review later this year.
Second, the NPC Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee has submitted a draft revision to the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law [动物防疫法]. This bill has been expedited in response to COVID-19 pandemic; it is the first Category II project in 13th NPCSC’s five-year legislative plan to come before the NPCSC. We should know more about the contents of the draft revision once the NPCSC is in session. We expect it to pass after two or three reviews.
Lastly, the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission will report to the NPCSC on a work plan to improve public health–related legislation. The plan will likely lay down legislative timetables to update laws including the Wild Animals Protection Law [野生动物保护法], Law on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases [传染病防治法], Frontier Health and Quarantine Law [国境卫生检疫法], and Emergency Response Law [突发事件应对法]. The NPCSC generally does not release internal work documents to the public; it is unclear whether it will do so this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. His email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.
    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spells
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Death spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office
    9) want to satisfy your lover 
    10) Lottery
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete