Thursday, July 28, 2016

Full text and video of Obama's speech - WhiteHouse.gov

 There is a great deal to learn about rhetoric from resident Obama's speech to the Democratic National Convention and the nation.   He attacked not Trump's particular positions but his fear mongering and absence of policies.  He diminished Trump by contrasting him to the best of our nation's values and the arc of Obama's own optimistic view of our history. - gwc
Full Text Of Obama's Dem Convention Speech

Hello, America.

Twelve years ago tonight, I addressed this convention for the very first time.

You met my two little girls, Malia and Sasha – now two amazing young women who just fill me with pride. You fell for my brilliant wife and partner Michelle, who’s made me a better father and a better man; who’s gone on to inspire our nation as First Lady; and who somehow hasn’t aged a day.

I know the same can’t be said for me. My girls remind me all the time. Wow, you’ve changed so much, daddy.

And it’s true – I was so young that first time in Boston. Maybe a little nervous addressing such a big crowd. But I was filled with faith; faith in America – the generous, bighearted, hopeful country that made my story – indeed, all of our stories – possible.

A lot’s happened over the years. And while this nation has been tested by war and recession and all manner of challenge – I stand before you again tonight, after almost two terms as your President, to tell you I am even more optimistic about the future of America....


No comments:

Post a Comment