Monday, February 28, 2011

Missing the boat

Two years ago  I posted a copy of my own email to my daughter Taisy brushing off her inquiry about Barack Obama as a candidate for President shortly after he declared.  A `learning experience' for the candidate was my take.


Now Josh Marshall - founder and editor of Talking Points Memo - confesses to a similar goof.  More noteworthy because he is a professional student of politics. He writes today:

mentioned once before here that back in early 2004 the press person for a little-known state senator from Illinois named Barack Obama emailed me at TPM and asked if I could meet with the senator when he was next in DC. Because I always have my finger on the pulse of American politics and can magically sense what's coming next over the horizon, I never got back to them. I don't really remember whether I blew it off or simply forgot to get back to them. And as those who know me well can probably attest, it's often very difficult to distinguish the two.
But now it turns out I missed the boat on another brush with greatness.
Josh Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment