Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Major NJ firms: Laterals and Clerks Dominate New-Associate Ranks, Study Finds

Laterals and Clerks Are Dominating New-Associate Ranks, Study Finds:
by David Gialeanella// New Jersey Law Journal
New Jersey firms and branches most actively hiring associates are targeting prospects with real-world experience—making it tougher for new graduates to get a foot in the door. That's the takeaway of a Law Journal survey finding that of the 210 associates recruited at 24 bellwether firms during the 2013 hiring year, 41.9 percent (88) were lateral hires. See chart.Another 62 hires (29.5 percent) were without practice experience but still had completed postgraduate clerkships before joining their firms. Overall Together, laterals and former clerks accounted for 71.4 percent of the top 24 firms' hires. Only 28.6 percent (60 associates) were hired out of law school.
Read more: http://www.law.com/jsp/nj/PubArticleNJ.jsp?id=1202624396625&Laterals_and_Clerks_Are_Dominating_NewAssociate_Ranks_Study_Finds#ixzz2iS5ovEX6 'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment