Monday, December 29, 2014

NYPD Police Officer Speaks Out - WayneDupree.com

How one New York cop sees the situation: I'm the good guy - but people hate me.  For no apparent reason.  The bad guys have won. The implication is it must be...race? Snobbery? 
EXCLUSIVE: NYPD Police Officer Speaks Out - WayneDupree.com:
"When I was a kid I’d see my dad come home with his gun and shield, and I was beyond intrigued. He was not only my hero, but the city’s.  I couldn’t wait to grow up and be a cop. Just like my dad and my older brother. I didn’t know what the pay or the benefits were, I just wanted to help people.  Fast forward 20+ years and here I am. Except I’m no ones hero, actually I’m the enemy.
It wasn’t until I graduated the academy and went out on the street I realized, wow, where the fuck am I? Dead bodies, homicides, drugs, guns. At first it was fun. A cat and mouse game. I get the bad guy off the street and it saves the city.  As the years progressed and the neighborhoods I worked in got worse, slowly that bad guy I hunted transitioned. He was no longer a guy with a gun in his baggy pants, he was me. I was hated.  By every single person I encountered. No matter what I did."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment