Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Out of the Park | Clinton's Speech - Josh Marshall - TPM Editors Blog

The Master of the Game
Out of the Park | TPM Editors Blog: "“This convention is done. This will be the moment that probably re-elected Barack Obama.” — Top Republican strategist and CNN yacker Alex Castellanos just after Clinton’s speech."
video of the speech 
Josh Marshall Live Blogging Bill Clinton's Nomination of Barack Obama for a Second Term
10:37 PM: Still a mystery to me why Republicans spent the last month building Bill up when he’s going to slip them the shiv like no one else.
10:44 PM: “It turns out advancing opportunity and economic empowerment is both morally right and good economics, because poverty and ignorance restrict growth.”
10:53 PM: Brings it back to the key question: Are you better off?
10:53 PM: Folks with a hard copy of the speech tell me it bears little resemblance to what Clinton’s actually saying.
10:56 PM: “I believe it. With all my heart, I believe it.”
10:57 PM: Hard for me even to fathom how much Clinton is relishing this. Like a caged animal let back out for a brief run in the wild. 
11:10 PM: Shorter Bill Clinton: W’w’wait!There’s more!
11:11 PM: Shorter Bill Clinton: Hey, I got a million of these!
11:18 PM: This is starting to remind me of when my Daddy taught me to gut and clean fish. I think we’re at scraping off the scales now.  
(I caught a few snapper blues last Sunday.  I hate scaling the fish. - gwc)
11:22 PM: Okay, I think we’re rising to the finish here. But how can you know?
11:23 PM: Wow, like every great Bill Clinton speech, incredibly long but incredibly good. At post-1988.





Josh Marshall



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment