Monday, August 25, 2014

8-Point Guide To Criticizing Israel the Right Way – Forward Thinking – Forward.com

They're pretty obvious, but worth being reminded. I would add not lumping together all Muslims or all Arabs, just as we recognize that Jews should not be lumped together as if one's failings applies to all - the classic expression of bigotry.- gwc
8-Point Guide To Criticizing Israel the Right Way – Forward Thinking – Forward.com:
by Abraham Gutman
As an Israeli who lives in New York, I know that I can sometimes be unfair. On the one hand, I often get defensive when people criticize Israel. On the other, I can also get upset when people seem to blindly support Israel. Criticizing Israel is allowed, and even important for Israel’s wellbeing, but there is a right and a wrong way to do it. In that spirit, here are eight ground rules that I believe can help make the Israel debate more productive.

Read more: http://blogs.forward.com/forward-thinking/204624/-point-guide-to-criticizing-israel-the-right-way/#ixzz3BQg5yqhI

via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment