Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are Government Employees Overpaid? Still No. « Rortybomb

Are Government Employees Overpaid? Still No. « Rortybomb


Witness Mike Huckabee - who thinks government workers are overpaid even though he is so broke he has to work for Fox News as a consultant:
So I don't want to walk away any sooner than I have to, because frankly I don't have a lot of reserve built up. Most of my life was in public service. And therefore I didn't come away wealthy. I'm trying to recover in order to do public service -- in order to run for president the last time, I cashed in my life insurance, my annuities, I pretty much went through everything I ever had as an asset that I thought I might one day live on....If I do this I'm gonna hopefully be in a position where I'm not so completely destitute at the end of it that I have no idea what to do if I get sick. Or if I retire. Or if I'm retired early, or have a disability. Those are the things I have to think about, because I'm self-employed, I don't have, you know, some safety net to fall into.

No comments:

Post a Comment