Thursday, November 18, 2010

My first IPO: Pro-stimulus GM investment leaves me down $1.00/share in first day of trading



I wanted to show my support for the President, for the (too small) stimulus.  I concluded that what is good for the country is good for General Motors and vice-versa.  And since I have more confidence in the growth strategy of the Chinese Communist Party than in that of the Republican Party I was reassured that the Chevrolet hybrid electric - the Volt - the Car of the Year - has gone on sale in China where I expect the CP to buy a lot of them.
Chevy Volt in China



So on the morning of the GM IPO I placed an order for 200 shares.  Placed at $35.19 about 10 AM.  Closed at 3 PM down $1.00/share.  Well at least I helped the U.S. Treasury by taking some of those shares off its hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment